Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finless Part 2

After the finless maiden voyage, it was decided that the parallel rails flat rocker and hard edges wern't enough to drive the board forward. Derek (Hynd) mentioned that finless surfboards were mostly working projects, I think he must have meant that it probably won't work exactly how you want it to first time. Well Derek was dead right. The board paddled well, caught waves easily, but I had great difficulty getting the board to drive down the line. Still got some fun waves spinning 360's like a mad man, driving along the line on one wave albeit almost by accident. So with the help of my old man (BW) and Blake we used a piece of wood to mold rovings into a hard edged channel finishing on the point of the swallow tail. I rode the board in some junky waves at the bags and it felt heaps better, but I think it needs one more channel out closer to the rail which is my project for today. More updates with photo's and footage to come.

DW









1 comment: